Picky B*tch Literary Services is really just a productive outlet for Cait Reynolds’ rage over the generally terrible quality of self-published books. Instead of drowning her sorrows, she has chosen to use her powers for good and contribute in some small way to improving indie books.
She does not endorse the following:
- Participation trophy publishing;
- Using Grammarly;
- Wasting space in planners for gratitude;
- Kale, spinach, and broccoli rabe.
Blurbs are a B*tch
Faced with writing a book blurb, most authors would rather memorize a chapter of Strunk & White while scrubbing toilets with a toothbrush in a North Korean gulag.
Luckily, there’s me. Aside from writing amazing blurbs that SELL books, I actually like writing them. That makes me a unicorn…a blurb unicorn.
A gorgeous cover only goes so far. Confusing, poorly written blurbs will have readers hitting the ‘back’ button faster than you can say, ‘Kindle Unlimited.’
Why use Picky B*tch to write your book blurb?
You want a book blurb that:
- Captures the reader’s interest from the first line;
- Sells instead of summarizes the book;
- Jives with genre keywords and tickles Amazon’s algorithms;
- Works like the Swiss Army knife of marketing, giving you everything you need for taglines, ads, newsletters, and more.
I will do this and more for you. With Picky B*tch, you get:
- One 150-200 word blurb;
- A tagline that can be used as part of the blurb or as a standalone marketing tool;
- Personalized category analysis and keyword saturation seamlessly woven into the blurb that hooks into search algorithms;
- Turnaround of draft blurb in 3-5 business days (upon receipt of questionnaire);
- One round of edits & tweaks to the blurb.
I also make it quick and painless for you to get me the information I need to write your blurb. I send you a one-page questionnaire. You fill it out and send it back. I write your blurb. Done.
Don’t waste your time agonizing over blurbs. Get back to doing what you love and let the Picky B*tch do the rest!